1. American Association for Respiratory Care. AARC clinical practice guideline. Oxygen therapy for adults in acute care facility. Respir Care. 2002;47(6):717-720. www.rcjournal.com/cpgs/otachcpgupdate.html. Accessed October 25, 2009.
2. Society of Critical Care Medicine; Technology Assessment Task Force. A model for technology assessment applied to pulse oximetry. Crit Care Med. 1993;21(4):15-24.
3. Valdez-Lowe C, Ghareeb SA, Artinian NT. Pulse oximetry in adults. Am J Nurs. 2009;109(6): 52-59.
4. Considine J. The role of nurses in preventing adverse events related to respiratory dysfunction: literature review. J Adv Nurs. 2005;49(6):624-633.
5. Bellomo R. Prospective controlled trial effect of medical emergency team on postoperative morbidity and mortality rates. Crit Care Med. 2004;32(4):916-921.
6. Mailey J, Digiovine B, Baillod D, Gnam G, Jordan J, Rubinfeld I. Reducing hospital standardized mortality rate with early interventions. J Trauma Nurs. 2006;3(4):178-182.
7. Pyke J, Christofferson K, Avery J, Blike G, McGrath S, Karon N. Continuous pulse oximetry monitoring in the inpatient population. Patient Safety and Quality Healthcare. www.psqh.com/mayjune-2009/130-continuous-pulse-oximetry-monitoring.html. Accessed October 25, 2009.