How to submit your article
Submit your manuscript electronically as an MS Word file.
- At the top of the first page of the document, place the article title, your initials (not your name), and the date.
- DO NOT include extra hard returns between lines or paragraphs, extra spaces between words, or any special coding.
- Send a separate cover letter that includes your name; credentials; position; address; home, cell, and work telephone numbers; email address; and your employer’s name, city, and state.
- Send a signed author agreement as a PDF. Each author must sign a separate agreement.
- Email the article and any other attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
What happens to your manuscript after submittal?
- We’ll send you an email confirming that we received it.
- If we’re interested in publishing your manuscript, we’ll send it out for blind clinical peer reviews (neither you nor the reviewers will know who wrote the article). After this review, we’ll let you know whether the manuscript has been accepted, accepted pending revisions, or declined.
- Your article will go through our in-house editorial process, where professional editors ensure consistency with our editorial style. You will have a chance to review the edited version before it’s published.
- We will email you if we decide not to publish your manuscript.
Thank you for considering publishing in American Nurse Today, the official publication of the American Nurses Association. If you have any questions, please email: Cynthia Saver, RN, MS at firstname.lastname@example.org.